This meme writing is like buses innit, you wait for ages then two come along at once!
This was a nice and quick one for me to do though, hence two for the price of one today. The picture accompanying this article has no relevance to the context of the post, it was just a shot of my putting on my make-up in my bathroom. I was getting all glammed up because the Cosmetics Fair 2013 begins today..and as you can see, I’m rather partial to my eyeliner! Anyway, on with the meme! Thanks Berry!
- What’s your SL name? Kitty O’Toole.
- What made you choose this name? I’m obsessed with cats, so Kitty was a no-brainer for a first name really. When I joined SL there were only a few surnames to choose from. I wanted something a bit ‘windswept and interesting’, and for me O’Toole fit that bill. It’s also the surname of one of the best actors of the modern age, Peter O’Toole. So for me, it had a brilliant heritage.
- What’s your SL nickname, or what do most people call you? (if applicable) Kitty, or Kit. It’s a nice short name so doesn’t really need to be abbreviated.
- What’s your SL display name? Why do you choose to have one? (if applicable) Kittywitch. This is because the blog is called ‘Kittywitchin’, and also because of my RL spiritual beliefs, that transcend into SL.
- Do you like your SL name? Very much so. Bonus fact, there’s an Irish traditional folk song about ‘Kitty O’Toole, the lily o’ sweet Tipperary’ which I had no clue about for a couple of years until I chanced upon a web page featuring it. ( I blogged about it in 2008, you can read the post here)
- If you could change your SL name, what would it be? I’m happy with it, but if I was a male avatar I would have to be called Barry Shitpeas. Just because.
- What’s the craziest/funniest SL name you’ve ever seen? Same as Berry’s, I have too seen AnnoyingJapaneseChild Dinosaur
- What’s the coolest (your favorite) SL name you’ve ever seen? I don’t think I have a particular favourite. I love that you see new and interesting names everyday, but I was always fond of Dellik Snoring, and Oolon Sputnik. They were pretty cool names (and nice people too!). Actually, I do like my Dad’s, Leapylee Cliffhanger, chosen because his nickname was Leapy Lee after the singer. The dodgy surname was again from the time in SL when you couldn’t select something original.